Last reviewed by: Justin N.from Oxenford Verified Customer
Top Rated Air Conditioning Installation Gold Coast
Price To Install Air Conditioning
Air Conditioning installations start from $600 and go up from there depending on the size of the unit and difficulty of the installation.
- Size and Make of the Air Conditioning Unit
- Length of refrigeration piping and interconnecting cable
- Length of cable ducting
- Switch board upgrade (if required)
- Access (difficulty accessing installation areas)
An installer may quote you a fixed price or hourly rate to install the unit. Expect to be charged anywhere between $80-$150 per hour + GST for installation. For standard a wall mounted split type air conditioning system, expect to be charged:
- 2.5 – 3.5kw installation costs approximately $600
- 5.0 – 6.0kw installation costs approximately $650
- 7.0 – 8.0kw installation costs approximately $700
- 9.0 – 9.9kw installation costs approximately $750
How Much Do Air Conditioning Units Cost?
- 2.5kw unit costs approximately $700-$1100
- 3.5kw unit costs approximately $900-$1300
- 8.0kw unit costs approximately $2200-$2600
Air Conditioning Brands
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
What Size Air Conditioner Do I Need?
|Room Size m2||Kilowats|
|3m x 3m (9m2)||2.5kw|
|5m x 5m (25m2)||3.5kw|
|5.5m x 5.5m (30m2)||3.5kw to 5.0kw|
|6.3m x 6.3m (40m2)||5.0kw to 6.0kw|
|6.7m x 6.7m (45m2)||6.0kw to 7.1kw|
|7.1m x 7.1m (50m2)||7.1kw to 8.0kw|
|7.7m x 7.7m (55m2)||8.0kw to 9.2kw|
What Is A Split System?
Split systems are the most common type of Air Conditioning unit. There are two components to a split system, the compressor/condenser unit is installed outside and the head unit installed inside.
What Does Reverse Cycle Mean?
Reverse cycle air conditioning units are capable of heating as well as cooling.